Skip to main content

Best Anime Movies Of All Time

1.Your Name (Kimi mi no na wa) (2016)


Director: Makoto Shinkai 

Studio: CoMix Wave Films 


IMDB RATING-8.4













I literally saw this movie two years after it came out and it was amazing. He has a way of making you change the way you think. I like this movie even though it's a romance, and I usually hate romantic movies, but this movie was different. I think it should actually be number two. There is another great animated film called Shape of the Voice, and if I could vote for it, I would definitely vote for this one for number one instead of this one. You should definitely watch the Shape of Voice if you time! But, with the choices here, Your Name (Kimi no Na wa) is definitely the best. But, to sum it up, this movie is simply breathtaking and kind of funny at the same time. It literally made me cry!

2.Spirited Away (2001)


Director: Hayao Miyazaki

Studio: Studio Ghibli


IMDB RATING-8.6






This is simply the greatest animated film of all time. You follow Chihiro growing and growing after suddenly discovering herself in a new and mysterious world. She must continue to prove herself to be reunited with her parents. I acted with such intense emotions, and the movie was so similar to my dream that I almost got goosebumps. I highly recommend this wonderful movie.

I've seen Sen and Chihiro's disappearance a few times and I think it's overrated. The plot seems to be drawn here and there, and the love story isn't very strong. It didn't leave the same mark as several other anime like Princess Mononoke, but that's just my opinion. Many people prefer the story of Spirited Away. Personally, I didn't like the ending. It seems anti-emotional to me. It is advertised and distributed so widely in the United States that other animated films don't even have a chance.


3. A Silent Voice (Koe no Katachi) (2016)


Director: Naoko Yamada 

Studio: Kyoto Animation


IMDB RATING-8.2













I like this movie. I think it's the best animated movie of all time. There is an amazing adventure, an extremely romantic (but never sentimental) love story, a war between three factions, and an epic battle. It has everything. I love this movie and have already seen it about 10 times. it comes to me every time You fall in love with the characters every time you see them, retell a story you haven't heard of (though I remember the script and scene), and every time you see it you get depressed for days (every months) and think about it. I've never seen a movie so intense. 

The movie should touch you deeply, and this movie certainly does. I think it deserves number one. I've seen Sen and Chihiro's disappearance a few times and I think it's overrated. Many of those who voted for him have probably never seen Princess Mononoke before. Personally, I think Sen and Chihiro's Missing Away is a little more childish than Princess Mononoke, but that's because Miyazaki's films tend to target younger audiences. However, the plot is pushed in the wrong place and the love story is not very strong.

4.The Garden Of Words (Koto no ha no niwa) (2013)


Director: Makoto Shinkai

Writer: Makoto Shinkai


IMDB RATING -7.5
















5. Princess Mononoke (1997)



Director: Hayao Miyazaki

Writers: Hayao Miyazaki


IMDB RATING -8.4












I like this movie. I think it's the best animated movie of all time. There is an amazing adventure, an extremely romantic (but never sentimental) love story, a war between three factions, and an epic battle. It has everything. I love this movie and have already seen it about 30 times. it comes to me every time You fall in love with the characters every time you see them, retell a story you haven't heard of (though I remember the script and scene), and every time you see it you get depressed for days (every months) and think about it. I've never seen a movie so intense. The movie should touch you deeply, and this movie certainly does. I think it deserves number one. I've seen Sen and Chihiro's disappearance a few times and I think it's overrated. Many of those who voted for him have probably never seen Princess Mononoke before. Personally, I think Sen and Chihiro's Missing Away is a bit more childish than Princess Mononoke, but that's because Miyazaki's films tend to target younger audiences.

6. Akira (1988)



Director: Katsuhiro Ôtomo

Writers: Katsuhiro Ôtomo


IMDB RATING -8.0










Akira caused an animation craze in America. In the late 80's early 90's you could only get this animation from commercials and 1800#. This new cutting-edge anime style is fresh for the first time in Japan and marketed to adults, not children. This is the problem. Pillars like this are opinion driven and open to kids who aren't really old enough to remember where they started. Trust me. If you've never seen Akira, there's no place to claim your anime experience. However, let me also mention here that while Akira caused an animation craze in America, it was by no means the first anime or the first anime to come out in the United States. These two differences actually belong to the AstroBoy

. In my opinion, this is the greatest animation in history. The animation is amazing and completely hand drawn. It's full of action, adventure (to be honest, tons of words), and one scene that always disgusted me: Tetsuo turning into a loaf. Did I mention that this movie also started an anime (otaku) fandom in the US? You can't be an anime fan until you see Akira.

7. Grave Of The FireFlies (1998)



Director: Isao Takahata 

Writers: Akiyuki Nosaka


IMDB RATING -8.5










. The first and only animated film that made me feel surreal and sad enough to run out of all the tissue boxes. sorry, Mum

. This is the most ambitious, most emotional and frankly the best movie I've ever seen. Check it out and be happy with what you have.

. Must-see. The rice ball scene literally broke my heart. This is the best animated movie I have ever seen.

. God I loved the movie. He is sad, funny and full of adventure


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BEST SLICE OF LIFE ANIME

5.   The  Daily Life Of High School Boys Story & Art:  Yasunobu Yamauchi Translation:  David Musto Production:  Grace Lu  &  Anthony Quintessenza Editor:  Kristi Fernandez If you are a fan of a comedy genere and haven't watched this one, don't calling yourself a fan It is one of the best shows out there that you can watch and have a good time without thinking about anything else This show is available both subtitle and non-subtitle comedy so it’s a very best anime. 4.  Toradora Developer:  Guyzware Genre:Romantic comedy and slice of life Platform: Playstation Portable Publisher: Namco Bandai Games Toradora will make you cry and if you won’t cry, there is something wrong with you. Really this anime is pure gold, heavy in emotions and you won’t feel bored even for one episode in this anime. You might cry during the anime, but in the end, you will have a smile on your face. 3.  Grand Blue Director:  Tsutomu Hanabusa Genre:  Comedy Release Date:  2020-08-07 Runtime:  107 Gr